Friday 25 May 2012

Painted mushrooms


Well they are almost done as you can see, the mushrooms from my previous creative space. I decided to paint half in greens and browns and the other half in the brightest color combinations (thanks everyone for your suggestions!). They still need a few coats of gloss so that the colors pop even more and I also wanted to take more close up photos but these couple of days have been so busy. When I was doing the bright colored ones I was originally going to draw patters, like spots and lines but I ended up not liking how they looked. The surface of the mushroom has these lines and cracks and with the patterns it just looked too messy, so I decided to paint them one color just like I did with the natural ones and I like it that way better. I'm planning on making some more so there will be more experimenting :-)

There is also a great giveaway going on on the Etsy Greek Street Team blog, you can win a black leather clutch, it's the cutest one ever so don't miss your chance to enter, it's open to international entries as well!
Have a great weekend
Aleka

1 comment:

  1. i like both color editions! they are turning out nice aleka :)

    have a nice rest of the weekend!

    xx
    evdokia

    ReplyDelete