Monday 23 January 2017

Books and bookmarks


Hi there!
Lately I've been reading a lot of e-books, it's easy finding classic works on line and the fact that I can read them for free is an extra bonus. I've read quite a few classics, some I loved (like Elizabeth Gaskell's "North & South" and "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte) and others I didn't (the "Phantom of the opera" was a huge disappointment). But even though e-books have a lot of pros they have a couple of disadvantages: it really takes something away from the reading experience not having an actual book in your hands, flipping through pages, using cute bookmarks (handmade by me!) and marveling at the cool cover design!
Still the fact that I can read a book for free gives me the opportunity to see if and how much I like it and then invest in buying an actual book.
Happy reading bookworms :-)
Aleka

2 comments:

  1. I borrow books from the library all the time. Free! I love your little bookmarks! And I don't have a kindle, and have never read a book online. I LOVE BOOKS like Oprah loves bread! I also love going to bookstores and will be very sad when they all close down because of technology. They're my "go-to" store when I need to do something fun! Happy book-mark making!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately my local library is virtually non existent, there is one not close to me that is well stocked but I haven't been able to visit it, hoping I'll get the chance soon! But again the books they have are translations into Greek and I do prefer to read in the original language if I can :-)

      Delete