Tuesday 17 April 2012

Collecting color: Silver for April





I have to admit this one was so difficult for me, I have so few things made of silver I actually had to borrow stuff from my sister. So the perfume bottle (delicious from Donna Karan), earrings, watch and stacking band rings from Nafsika are hers. I have absolutely no silver jewelry, I was kind of surprised to discover that (well not really, the jewelry I wear are mostly made by me from paper and felt) but hey the lipstick is mine :-)
Other silver things which are mine: Leonard Cohen's cd cover is half silver, candle holders from Berlin's Bauhaus museum, Ikea's animal cookie cutters, a hedgehog and a squirrel, the silver knot thingy is brought from Paris, you have to figure out how to pull it apart and the other silver spider looking thingy is Katita, a wind up toy of sorts you can see her in action here.
Find more silver collections, get inspired,create your own and post it here!
xoxo
Aleka

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I don't like to hear my challenges have been so difficult! I do love the cookie cutters (especially the hedgehog - so cute!) and Katita, very cool. Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it's spare I do love the simplicity of this collage and the cookie cutters = fabulous!
    I can imagine making all sorts of sweet delights with these and will keep my peepers peeled the next time I'm at Ikea.

    I'm off to have an explore of your site now I'm intrigued to learn about your own fabulous jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how we notice certain things about our collections (like you not having any silver jewellery) when we stop to examine them!

    I love the silver lipstick and the cookie cutters are very cute!

    ReplyDelete