Thursday 8 March 2012

Bright colors




I wanted to make some more versions of my Dahlia brooch, in more bold color combinations, so hot pink with yellow and sky blue with hot pink were the ones I made, they are still not finished as I need to sew the pin back on their backs.
Now the next piece is an idea I've had for a while, my version of a chevron necklace. This is the prototype, I'm thinking of making another version a bit different, using thread in the center of the piece that doesn't stand out so much but is more same colored as the felt pieces. I don't mind the thread around being black but I think it's a bit confusing in the middle, as it's overpowering the colors of the felt pieces. I think it would also make a great brooch, I'm probably going to make one for myself :-)
See more creative spaces and be inspired by all the talented people right here!
xoxo
Aleka

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty!
    Very bright!
    Perfect for spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete