Friday 9 September 2011

In circles



The reason why I love taking part in our creative spaces is not only because I get to see what so many other amazing creators are making but also because I'm motivated to make something too! These past few days all my creativity has been focused in the computer leaving me little time to work on anything else but I decided to follow through on one of the many unfinished ideas.
I was inspired by Gia's round brooches and I wanted to try and make one too, I used jean's scrap and some pieces of linen with iron on transfers. My sewing skills are pretty good when it involves straight lines, I had trying sewing in circles before but that had been a complete disaster. So this time I followed Gia's advise and really went for it, no hesitation, no stopping. I'm pretty happy with the result, they are not perfect but now I know I can do it I just need to try and try and try some more :-)
xoxo
Aleka

4 comments:

  1. lovely!
    machine sewn brooches (with zic zac tho) is something i want to try too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are perfect!!
    I love them!
    Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them!!!
    Now I want to make some too (sigh, no time for that today!).
    What will you do next? Can't wait to see. :)

    ReplyDelete