Sunday 29 May 2011

Weekend finds


1.Red Wattlebird, Etching by Bridget Farmer
2.The Cat - original etching by GrazvydaArt
3.Small original feather etching by Fleurografie
4.June Bug - Original etching by Chartwellprint

One of my favorites blogs is Chantal's, she is a talented artist and she makes the most amazing lino prints among other things! Screen printing and linocut printing are took techniques I am familiar with since my studies were in the field of technologies of printing. However etching is one of the forms of printmaking that I am not familiar with and today I was introduced, through Chantal's blog to Bridget Farmer and to this blog post where she showcased step by step the inking up and printing process of an etching. So I did a little etsy search and came up with these lovely etching prints!
Enjoy :-)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog and work! So glad you like Bridget's work too - aren't her etchings lovely? I haven't worked with etchings before either. I hope to take a class in it this year - I love the subtle effects it produces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for the mention about my work and blog post. I'm returning to Australia in September and I hope to, one day soon, start my own studio workshop. I'd love people who are interested to come along and try etching out, so if you are ever in Victoria drop me a line!
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something so ethereal about etchings. Beautiful collection

    ReplyDelete